Sunday, September 9, 2007

One Week Left...

I am leaving for El Salvador in one week, where I will be serving for two years and three months. Wow, I can't believe it has come so fast. I am filled with a sense of excitement, anticipation and also nervousness. My mind is also swirling around so fast, there are so many last minute things I need to take care of. Last minute dental work that needs to be in by tomorrow in order to receive dental clearance is at the top of the list. Along with, what can I pack inside of two suitcases that will be able to carry me through two years. What should I bring? What shouldn't I bring? Every thought just sort of flows in and out of my awareness like horses on a carousel. There are way too many things to be able to have it all completely in perspective. You've got your last minute "see you laters" you want to make sure that you see everybody before you leave. And of course on top of all of this my mom is getting married the day before I leave for staging! This is going to be a very interesting week. For those of you who are looking for info on packing lists, I will post mine at some point just to give you an idea. The packing lists provided by volunteers have helped me the most.

No comments: